Lindenwood Park Neighborhood Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
February 16, 2019 – 9.30am – 11.30am, Machacek Library
Present: Pat Acquisto, Lisa Roggeman, Tim Nowell, Milton Murry, Lindsay Alsop, Doug Dick, Emily Yale
Apologies: Emily Rogier, Greg Roggeman, Cody Bell
Absent: Craig Strohbeck, Carol Hofer, Joe Vaccaro
The first hour of the meeting was dedicated to reviewing the Strategic Plan. Pat will make updates as necessary and distribute to the Board prior to the next Saturday Board meeting. Goal 1 was reviewed and updated. We will continue with Goal 2 at the next Saturday meeting.
The Minutes from January 16, 2019 were approved.
General Membership Meeting
- Guest speakers: Operation Brightside, recycling program. Pat will contact Great Rivers Greenway to see if they’d be interested in hearing from residents regarding the Wabash greenway – long grass, walkway crumbling, crosswalk, postholes, parking etc.
Streets & Properties:
- Committee met and one member has resigned. They are currently looking for more/new issues to review.
- 6982 Tholozan: house is completed and there will be an open house on 2/17/2019 from 1pm – 3pm.
- 6900 Pernod: Some improvements are being attended to.
- 7080 Oleatha: All the bushes around the house and ivy creeping up the building has been trimmed.
- 6989 Pernod: “Tarp house” is still condemned.
- 7081 Pernod: House was sold to a rehabber/developer. It’s had a new roof, new furnace/air conditioner and there is being done inside the house.
- Lindenwood Live: Pat will be obtaining the permits, Greg has the food trucks booked, Tim has contacted and booked some of the bands: May – Beatles Band ($1,200), June – Off Topic Band, August – Melissa Neels ($700 – The Blues Society will pay $100 back to us). Will confirm the September band soon. Will possibly be either Proud Larry or the Firekeepers. Doug will request the recycling bins for each concert. Pat will contact Raising Cane’s for sponsorship.
- Tweetup: February’s Tweetup will be held at Biggie’s on February 26th. March’s Tweetup will be at a new venue – Bobby’s Place.
- Flea Market: Lisa to confirm number of tables available at Timothy Lutheran and find a charity to take the left-over items. Letters need to be sent to previous vendors, advertise for volunteers to help with setup, tear down and pricing of items the night before.
- Louis Hills Neighborhood Association: Greg and Pat met with Nan (president) and Jesse regarding their website. They referred them to Hot Lava and Greg and Jesse will help each other as needed.
- LPNA Website: Wendy Barnes agreed to help with updating the theme of our website to help make it more accessible and user friendly.
- Park: Nothing to report, but a date needs to be set for the Spring Park Clean Up.
- Green Team: April 13th has been set for the highway clean up.
- Community Garden: 1 bed is available. A grant was approved, and new plants will be planted in the spring.
- Wabash Garden: There was some discussion about naming this garden. This will be revisited.
Block Captain Report:
- Bowling party: This is planned for February 19th from 6pm – 8pm at Epiphany Lanes. LPNA will pay for the food.
- The financial books have been reconciled and Greg can post them to the website.
- Lindsay will write verbiage regarding the scam and send it to Greg to post to the website with the financial report.
- Park Building Cleaning: Lisa will confirm either March 23rd or 30th and email the Board. It will be an afternoon project.
- Directories: These are ready and will be delivered and/or mailed to businesses and residents.
- Member Renewals: Pat will give Lindsay the database of addresses of residents in the Lindenwood Park neighborhood.
- Louis Hills Chili Cook-Off: They are looking for a representative to participate in their chili cook-off from each surrounding neighborhood. River’s Edge Social will represent Lindenwood Park. This is a fundraiser for STL Hills to raise money for real time cameras along Hampton Ave. The Chili cook-off will occur on March 24th at St. Gabriel’s Church.
SLACO is offering various workshops regarding how to find and use resources to obtain history of your neighborhood. There are 6 workshops and they will be held at SLACO’s offices. Lisa will email info of the workshops.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned.