Lindenwood Park Neighborhood Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
January 16, 2019 – 7pm – 8.30pm, Epiphany
Present: Pat Acquisto, Greg Roggeman, Lisa Roggeman, Tim Nowell, Milton Murry, Lindsay Alsop, Doug Dick
Apologies: Emily Rogier, Carol Hofer
Absent: Craig Strohbeck, Jessica Sullivan, Joe Vaccaro
The Minutes from November 17, 2018 were approved.
General Membership Meeting
- Guest speakers: Cpt. Deeba, Brightside, recycling update.
Streets & Properties:
- Streets & Properties Committee will meet next week and have more up to date info to share at the next Board meeting.
- 6900 Pernod: Some updating is being done.
- 7081 Pernod: House was sold and lots of work is being done inside the house.
- Lindenwood Live: Tim is looking at bands and the concert committee will meet to make decisions. Greg will start contacting food trucks.
- Tweetup: January’s Tweetup will be held at Ari’s on January 22nd.
- Holiday Lighting Contest: Jorie Schuckman did a great job. Winners are: 6933 Lindenwood, 6344/6 Mardel and 6229 Juniata.
- Website: The calendar has been updated with all events.
- There is a small issue with volunteer opportunities on the application form. Greg has reported it to Darren and will follow up.
- Board members were asked to please sign up on lindenwoodpark.org/join to test the process.
- Park: Nothing to report
- Park Building Cleaning: We will be looking for volunteers to help clean out the park building. Tentative dates are March 23rd or 30th.
- Green Team: Dates have been scheduled.
- Community Garden: The beds are currently hidden by snow. We have enough gardeners signed up for the new gardening season.
- Wabash Garden: Plants seem to be surviving under the snow.
Block Captain Report:
- Emily has been sending notices about membership meetings to the churches.
- Bowling party: This is planned for February 19th from 6pm – 8pm. LPNA will pay for the food.
- Billboards: Emily looked into advertising on the billboard at Watson & Chippewa and the cost is $650/month. This may be beneficial for a once-off promotion for some of our events.
- Renewals: Lindsay has a list that he will divvy up and send out to Board members to follow up. All people on the list have received a letter and an email.
- Mass Mailing: We are looking at sending out a letter to all residents of Lindenwood Park to invite them to join the association. Lindsay to have the letter drafted and emailed to the Board by February 15th.
- Welcome packs will need to be distributed. Need to add the 2019 calendar – if it’s not ready in time we will add the 2018 calendar.
- Nothing further to report on the scam.
- Insurance Renewal: Doug has completed this. Possibly revisit this next year to investigate rate costs.
- EZ Up tents: We have 32 tents available. 1 tent was destroyed by wind during Timothy Lutheran’s Christmas Market.
New Board Members:
- Cody Bell – Lindsay made a motion to approve him as a Board member. Seconded by Lisa.
- Emily Yale – Lindsay made a motion to approve her as a Board member. Seconded by Greg.
- It was agreed that we would revisit voting on Mary Ann Rogers after she has been a member of the association for a year.
- Pat will contact Cody and Emily and Lisa will set up Board orientation with them.
- Nancy Vordtriede is the new President of St. Louis Hills Neighborhood Association and she has voiced her concerns about crime at Target.
- Directories should be ready end February/early March.
- Committee heads please send Pat your write-up’s for your events.
- Conference is scheduled for Saturday February 2nd from 7.30am – 5pm. Cost is R35 admission. LPNA will reimburse admission fee to Board members wanting to attend.
- Flea Market: Will be on Saturday April 27th in Timothy Lutheran’s gym.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned.