Become a Block Captain! Block captains are the first to know what’s going on in Lindenwood Park. They know their neighbors and their neighbors know them. They can help create change in the neighborhood where it’s needed – like getting those sidewalks fixed! Block captains also help neighbors get to know one another by planning block parties and facilitating other activities like alley clean ups.
For the block captain program to function at its best – and for Lindenwood Park to be at its best – help us reach the goal of a block captain on every block. Please consider signing up today!
What does a Block Captain do?
* Welcomes new residents to their block and provides them with relevant LPNA materials.
* Keeps an up to date list of block residents.
* Serves as a communication resource for block residents and the LPNA Board of Directors.
* Advises the LPNA board of neighborhood improvements and nuisances.
* Forwards emails regarding neighborhood happenings, current issues, pertinent information from local businesses and agencies.
Block Captains meet quarterly to discuss neighborhood activities, concerns and upcoming events. Our next meeting will be held by Zoom on April 7th at 7pm.
Please email us if you would like to volunteer as a block captain or attend the April 7th Block Captain meeting.