Every spring and fall, volunteers help at the Lindenwood Park, Park Clean Up. Residents, scout troops, students who need community service hours, and the Alderman come out to lend a hand, a shovel and a wheelbarrow to make sure our park looks nice. Saturday, November 6, 2021 is our time to come together as a community, get to know one another and complete a project. We will gather at the pavilion at 9am and work until the job is done. Hopefully, that means no later than 11am, but it is scheduled until noon.
Our primary projects are to:
– clean up the flower beds and lay a fresh layer of mulch on each bed
– loosen playground mulch and rake out so it is even
– sweep the pavilion
– pick up trash throughout park
– pick up debris throughout park
– blow debris off in-line rink, tennis courts and playground surface
– weed the beds
– trim tree limbs
– general sprucing up of our park
Please bring along tools to help get the job done (PLEASE MARK YOUR TOOLS SO YOU GET THEM BACK):
– pruning shears
– any items you think may be useful
– strong hands, able back, willing legs
Water and snacks will be provided.
Please come for as long as you can, even if that means only an hour. We hope to see a good crowd. It’s always nice to get to know our neighbors better and it’s a great opportunity for you to gain some neighborhood pride by helping to keep our park looking great.
Everyone’s help throughout the season, as you walk by and pick up trash or let us know of something you see that needs to be repaired, will only improve our park and neighborhood and make it more enjoyable for everyone to use.
Hope to see you on Saturday, November 6!